[Gllug] Thinkpad harddisk wanted.

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 11:20:53 UTC 2002

Nix wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Ian Northeast muttered drunkenly:
> > PS apologies if this has crossed any answer; Demon's mail "service" is
> > going through an even more crap than usual phase ATM.
>
> But, er,

> :       by router.ewell.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA32381
> :       for <gllug at linux.co.uk>; Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:00:00 GMT
>
> you're routing mail directly and not going via Demon's smarthost, so any
> SNAFUs with that (of which as far as I know there are presently none)
> would be irrelevant.

Indeed, no problems with outgoing mail but I am receiving my mail from
Demon's wonderful punts. So anything posted by anyone else crosses the
Andes by llama train before I receive it.

I was doing some testing at work the other day, for which I use a dialup
Demon account (not this one) to test sending mail outside the company.
Mail sent to Demon was taking up to 5 hours to arrive.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk