[Gllug] Thinkpad harddisk wanted.

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 11:38:57 UTC 2002

Ian Northeast wrote:

> Nix wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Ian Northeast muttered drunkenly:
>>
>>>PS apologies if this has crossed any answer; Demon's mail "service" is
>>>going through an even more crap than usual phase ATM.
>>>
>>But, er,

>>:       by router.ewell.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA32381
>>:       for <gllug at linux.co.uk>; Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:00:00 GMT
>>
>>you're routing mail directly and not going via Demon's smarthost, so any
>>SNAFUs with that (of which as far as I know there are presently none)
>>would be irrelevant.
>>

> Indeed, no problems with outgoing mail but I am receiving my mail from
> Demon's wonderful punts. So anything posted by anyone else crosses the
> Andes by llama train before I receive it.
>
> I was doing some testing at work the other day, for which I use a dialup
> Demon account (not this one) to test sending mail outside the company.
> Mail sent to Demon was taking up to 5 hours to arrive.

Well I don't use demon for mail but I do use their dial up ISP at home
so that I can practice tracerouting and pinging to find out where my
connection is failing...[0]

We have a lot of webhosting clients and a helluva lot were complaining
of mail being lost/delayed when it was sent to a demon email address.
The longest delay on mail was days.  This was a month before christmas
or so.

Will.

[0]To be fair it has got better this last week, I think they added more
capacity.

--
*claw claw* *fang*
*shred* *rip* *ad hominem* *slash*