[Gllug] Bush internet computer

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Fri Jan 25 13:58:07 UTC 2002

On 25 Jan 2002, John Hearns wrote:

> I just saw a newspaper advert from Time.
> They are flogging off Bush Family Internet Computers
> for ten quid this weekend.
> These are the set-top boxes which allow Net access on
> a TV.
> My parents have a Bush TV with similar built-in.
>
> I remember seeing on Alan Cox's diary that Linux
> might be able to run on these things - IIRC they
> are ARM based.
> Might be a fun project for someone with time on their
> hands (no pun intended).

Mmmm.

Seriously...  goes nicely with the iPAQ if we can get them running Linux.

Any idea if they've got a sensible way of talking to the rest of the world?
Serial?

Some techy info at:
http://www.kentwebnet.com/bush/
http://www.sawer.uklinux.net/bush/

Wonder how many they'll sell me in one go... :-)

> John H.
>
> ps. there - a technical thread started.
> Roll on the ARM-linux technical stuff.

Thanks muchly for the heads-up John.  Will I see anyone else at Staples
Corner this evening buying a few? :-)

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk