[Gllug] Bush internet computer

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Fri Jan 25 13:57:25 UTC 2002

On 25 Jan 2002 13:37:02 +0000 John Hearns wrote:

> I just saw a newspaper advert from Time.
> They are flogging off Bush Family Internet Computers
> for ten quid this weekend.
> These are the set-top boxes which allow Net access on
> a TV.
> My parents have a Bush TV with similar built-in.

My sister in-law as one of these as well, but we managed to persaude her
to get a proper PC in the end.

> I remember seeing on Alan Cox's diary that Linux
> might be able to run on these things - IIRC they
> are ARM based.
> Might be a fun project for someone with time on their
> hands (no pun intended).

Going off in a slightly different tangent - has anybody here played with
the guts of a UK Tivo box yet (which runs Linux on a 50Mhz PPC)?  I've got
one of these (which is working very well except the bloody thing's clock
keeps going out of synch way too often for my liking and even with the
daily updates it doesn't solve it completely - I would like to install a
wireless ethernet card and then get it to a time synch with my desktop PC
one of these days).

Regards,

	Martyn

--