[Gllug] RedHat to buy AOL Rant, conspiracy theory.

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu Jan 24 00:03:22 UTC 2002

David Irvine(co2cool at yahoo.com)@Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:01:44PM +0000:

> > What i dont get tho, is how AOL became so amazingly big.  big enough to
> > buy TW at least.  but in my mind it makes sense for them to attempt
> > getting a complete vertical line from the consumer all the way thru to
> > the media content.  undoubtedly this is what they'd like to achieve.
> > Buying up an OS just brings them one step closer.
>
> Agreed. If they can have their own  os, which spews out aol keywords,
> time warner streamed movies, aol's news company (can't remember the
> name) every hour and has that 'You've got mail' sound effect every  time
> you log in,  and whats more they wouldnt have to pay  redmond a cent to
> get people signed up, what more could they ask for?

hmm, total world domination?
AOL on every computer in the world?
TIME news in the minds of the masses?
oh, and WBros movies too entertain people?

cant think of much other than that.

total 'circus' solution.

except, hopefully everyone will move over to MDK, which is 100% redhat
compatible, but without AOL pre-req's in the base packages.  OK, or
maybe debian for the pure'ists out there.

<g>

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Giving everyone and equal opportunity, when they're clearly not equal,
 is called what children?
 Communism!
 -- Edna Krabappel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk