[Gllug] upgrading Potato2.2r3 To Woody

Michael E. A. m1k3oh at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 12:05:12 UTC 2002

--- "Michael E. A." <m1k3oh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Would any Debian ‘gurus’ be attending the forthcomming GLLUG meeting
> on
> Saturday?
> I’m having problems installing SSH Deamon.
> I’m also not too sure on how to go about upgrading from Potato2.2r3
> Woody.
> (I have no problem with the general procedure using ‘apt-get’).
>
> Though trivial, my problem is…
>
> I initially installed the base system via floppies (No CDrom
> available
> on laptop).
> I then installed optional packages by ftp’ing to the debian box from
> my
> win2K box
>  and then dpkg’ing the packages.
>
> I’ll see if I can get hold of a pcmcia modem before Saturday.
> But failing that… What do I put in ‘/etc/apt/sources.list’ to tell it
> to search the Cdrom drive of my Win2K box?
> (Debian and Win2k are connected via a crossover cable).
>
> Cheers.
>
> .::Michael

Thanks for the quick replies.
Bruce! I owe you a drink.
After reading your reply everything has suddenly fallen into place.
Gosh. This community thingie actually works. ;-)

The reason why my question on SSHD was a wee bit vague was cos'
I didnt bring the laptop in to work today.
and i havnt tried the SSH install in ages.
But if i can remember correctly... It was a dependency problem.
unfortunately i cant remember what package was dependant on SSHD.
But i do remember installing it (the dependant package) but getting the
same error message.

Hey.
No worries.
I'll bring it in on Saturday.