[Gllug] upgrading Potato2.2r3 To Woody

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Jan 31 12:18:10 UTC 2002

On 1/31/02, 12:05:12 PM, "Michael E. A." <m1k3oh at yahoo.com> wrote regarding
[Gllug] upgrading Potato2.2r3 To Woody:

> The reason why my question on SSHD was a wee bit vague was cos'
> I didnt bring the laptop in to work today.
> and i havnt tried the SSH install in ages.
> But if i can remember correctly... It was a dependency problem.
> unfortunately i cant remember what package was dependant on SSHD.
> But i do remember installing it (the dependant package) but getting the
> same error message.

This must have been one of the packages you ftp-d across and used dpkg
on. Dpkg can't fix dependencies, it can only complain about them.  The
answer is to get your apt sources sorted out, as previously discussed.
Then you just do

apt-get install whateverpackageitwas

and it'll fetch all the packages you need to resolve dependencies.

Can you get to the internet from your Debian box?  If so, add the online
sources after adding the CDs.  So long as they are listed after the CDs
apt will fetch the updated packages from online but unchanged packages
from CD.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk