[Gllug] OT travel in town

George F.Saxby george.saxby at racc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 09:40:00 UTC 2002

Hi,
> Does anyone know when or if the supposed goverment new number >plate's  design is going to be implemented?

The original english number plate system had the cars area of purchase built in as the 3 letter code. The more things change the more they stay the same comes to mind!!!!

  Simply 4 digits + 3 letters, so there is no way of knowing at first sight
 where the car is from. To differenciate cars from portugal and spain or
 any other eu country that has adopted it you only have a really little
 country flag plus the country code.

That is how the IRA could taget Brit family cars in Germany when we had a Army on the Rhine.

 On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Vincent AE Scott wrote:

 > Formi(formi at blueyonder.co.uk)@Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:25:36PM +0000:
> >
> >  And they planned to use parfum...
> >
> >  That would be a good mix, I guess the fleas are the only ones
> >  who get a good deal, they travel for free.
> >

> >  I think the transport situation in london is beyond repair unless
> >  somebody(1) comes out with pretty radical ideas, one I would agree with
> >  would be to ban private cars with only one person inside them. Including
> >  dodgy mini-cabs.
> >
> >  (1), not a politician, more like a dictator.
> >
> >                                                        Formi.
> >

> tehy do that in north america.
> it's called car pooling, they have designated lanes on the
> highway/freeways for cars with more than one occupant.

  Have they learnt what to do in the roundbouts or
  did they stop building them?

 *** The problem with the US is that out of city you have to drive miles
 to go anywhere, huge shopping malls in the middle of nowhere...
 And the cheap petrol doesnt help... ***

 BBC Open University program words, not mine.

                                                               Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk

George F. Saxby
    Systems Engineer