[Gllug] Swap file size

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Thu Jan 31 17:26:51 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Jackson, Harry wrote:

[dumping to swap on a crash]

> Investigating a 4Gb dump could be a bit of a tw at t. Are there tools out there
> for looking through this sort of data. I know there are ones for dumps in
> the Linux kernel and I imagine there are ones for most other Commercial
> Unix's. When a dump is taken do you send it to the supplier and how do you
> know where to send it.

Yes, if you have the right kind of support contract, you send your dump (!)
to your vendor's support department, and they will pick it apart with a fine
toothcomb, and fix whatever caused the system to fail.  A big enough support
contract will get you a guarantee...

> Harry

Cheers
Richard