[Gllug] Working with Linux

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Sat Jan 5 23:18:52 UTC 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Michael Squires wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd really like to get involved with a company who is pro-linux
> and was wondering if anyone here had suggestions or sources they could
> point me to. I'd be very intrested in admin, network support, helpdesk.
> Send me an email if you'd like my full working background.

www.jobserve.com.  That is how I got my present job.  282 jobs current
listed under Linux, and I know from having used them that they put up real
jobs, unlike a lot of jobs website.  Make sure you consider working
outside London, as that really opens things up availibilty-wise.  London
is full of guys with 8 years Solalis experience, who came into Linux
"round about v0.95, y'know, when we got X working" and have now been fired
from their dot.com.  Outside London there seems to be quite a Linux/UNIX
skill-shortage.  Pay is comperable and living costs are half.

> I'll even offer a free beer bounty to any leads that get me that
> "Welcome Aboard" handshake.  :-)

Mine's a pint!

Regards,
Bill.