[Gllug] New Debian Install (and some rambles)

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy ddrm at digital-science.net
Thu Jan 24 09:01:04 UTC 2002

I would just like to say, I have tried loads of rootboot disks and
random floppies to do stuff, I am yet to find a set of recuse and setup
tools that rival the slackware install disks :) Debian makes a DARN GOOD
secondplace, but there are too many of them :-)  Even on PCMCIA
SLackware does proud. Keep a set in your emergency biscuit tin. (you
know the thing under your desk that has all the tools for emergencies,
your latest working kernel on a floppy, a copy of tomsrtbt, and if your
emergencies are anything like mine, buscuits :) )

Anyway, I disgree.

Old box, new install of Debian (because I don't have a Debian box at
home, thought I should get one. Got most other things) Virgin install,
potato, etc...

Can someone, please, post a copy of their apt-sources file, save me
frigging around to get the best of all the bits I want :)

Yes, I am lazy, but I am also aware, from when I used run Debian long
ago... (in the days when it didn't even do stuff like shadow passwords,
and the entire install launched from 6 disks) that well crafted sources
file is worth keeping, and as I said, I'm fat and lazy :)

Hopefully this will also open to debait things like "Ohhh, you've got
sources for blahblahblah, how cool, I don't have that, but I do have
this...."

	-Cheers, Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk