[Gllug] New Debian Install (and some rambles)

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Jan 24 09:32:53 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 09:01:04AM -0000, Darran wrote:
> Can someone, please, post a copy of their apt-sources file, save me
> frigging around to get the best of all the bits I want :)
>
> Yes, I am lazy, but I am also aware, from when I used run Debian long
> ago... (in the days when it didn't even do stuff like shadow passwords,
> and the entire install launched from 6 disks) that well crafted sources
> file is worth keeping, and as I said, I'm fat and lazy :)
>
> Hopefully this will also open to debait things like "Ohhh, you've got
> sources for blahblahblah, how cool, I don't have that, but I do have
> this...."

Sorry, just the very boring essentials here.  I did post the source
lines for the unofficial XFree86 4.x a couple of days ago and you can
find a link to all sorts of apt goodies at http://www.debianplanet.org/

deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/non-US stable/non-US main
contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"