[Gllug] Advocacy required.

Matt Amos matt.amos at ic.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 16:42:19 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:41:58PM +0100, Jonathan Dye wrote:
> Can't help but at the risk of starting another argument, if he is wanting
> to see easy of use and installation then can I suggest Mandrake as it is
> particularly fluffy, hardware detection seems to work well and installation
> problem free.  Although, if he has been given an old machine then maybe a
> graphical installer will be too memory intensive.

and if it is a 486 then mandrake wont work on it. mandrake is default
compiled for i586, so it will just crash.

for fair comparison it might be worth lending him a real computer. one
that would run XP or similar, so the two can be compared in the same
environment... 'cos XP wont run on a 486, i guarantee it ;)

cya,

matt

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk