[Gllug] Building Gnumeric

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 01:11:21 UTC 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Pete Ryland stipulated:
> Change the word "root" to "children" (or "xmlRootNode" which is #defined as
> such, or in fact change it to a call to xmlDocSetRootElement) and it should
> compile, albeit with a memory leak.  Hmm.. maybe I'm mis-interpreting the

GNOME-1.x, including Gnumeric-1.0.x, requires libxml-1.8.*, preferably
1.8.16. You're using some version of libxml-2.x, and they do not have
the same interface.

While changing references to the `childs' and `root' elements to
`children' *will* get around the largest interface difference between
libxml-1.x and libxml-2.x, it won't get around all of them, and the
resulting binary probably won't work properly.

Current versions of libxml-1.x and -2.x coexist happily (the libraries
are suitably named and so forth so that you can link against either of
them); so install them and you'll be OK.

--
`Perhaps you should have asked Santa for your program as a Christmas
present.' --- Terran Melconian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk