[Gllug] Building Gnumeric

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 20:49:35 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 01:11, Nix wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Pete Ryland stipulated:
> > Change the word "root" to "children" (or "xmlRootNode" which is #defined as
> > such, or in fact change it to a call to xmlDocSetRootElement) and it should
> > compile, albeit with a memory leak.  Hmm.. maybe I'm mis-interpreting the
>
> GNOME-1.x, including Gnumeric-1.0.x, requires libxml-1.8.*, preferably
> 1.8.16. You're using some version of libxml-2.x, and they do not have
> the same interface.

<snip>

> Current versions of libxml-1.x and -2.x coexist happily (the libraries
> are suitably named and so forth so that you can link against either of
> them); so install them and you'll be OK.

Not on my system.... I had both libxml 1.8.16 and libxml2 installed.
Removing the libxml2 rpms fixed the build problem immediately.

However, I now have another problem with it. Graphs don't work :-(. I've
got the guppi component installed (version 0.40, which I think is the
latest) but it can't seem to find it:-

** WARNING **: 'Nothing matched the requirements.' : while attempting to
activate a graphing component.
oaf-run-query "repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Gnumeric/Graph_v1/Manager:1.0')"
should return a value.

Now I understand this to mean that oaf has nothing registered that can
handle graphs, but I've no idea how to go about fixing it. Any advice
would be appreciated...

Mike.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk