[Gllug] ADSL Connection

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Mon Jan 21 12:44:19 UTC 2002

Karen Hanna Kruzycka(Vixen at Lspace.org)@Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 11:40:48AM +0000:
> On Monday 21 Jan 2002 10:14 am, you wrote:
> > NTL dont seem to do the "cable modem" any more, you now need to use their
> > set-top box as the modem, bit of a pain running CAT5 from the living rom to
> > the computer room though
>
> I didn't realise this. Their website still assures me that there are two
> different types of service, each available in different areas:
> http://www.ntl.com/locales/gb/en/home/broadband/availability/availability.asp
>
> Makes no odds to me - neither service is available in my area and NTL refuses
> to tell me when the local network will be upgraded. Even if they did I
> wouldn't believe them - various cable tv services have been showing as
> 'coming soon' for about the last 2 years. :o(

if you fall within the blue circles at:

 http://www.wireless-trial.ntli.net/images/london.jpg

then you might be able to get NTL's wireless broadband service.

i think it's going to be launching RSN, and IIRC  its going to be about
35 quid a month, not sure if you have to have other NTL services or not,
or if the price comes down if you do...

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 We don't really understand it,