[Gllug] Application development across all platforms

robin.c.smith at bt.com robin.c.smith at bt.com
Fri Jan 4 10:06:33 UTC 2002

If an application can be made into a web application then it should be done
that way as the
cost of deployment/upgrades becomes trivial.

I have become a fan of Tomcat and struts ( these can be found under
http://jakarta.apache.org ),
you will have a big learning curve to learn Java and the struts API.

The downside of using java is that it is proprietary to Sun although it is
currently freely available but
who is going to say that it will always be that way.

Robin