[Gllug] Recommendations

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Jan 17 15:51:56 UTC 2002

>I second that. Good book. Wish my colleagues would read it (one of
>them asked me what UDP is, the other day).

One of our network techs (a full CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, CCSI
and CCIE qualified guy) once had a blazing row with me about why
he felt blocking traffic on a firewall from all but a given source
port was a good idea. He apparently had never heard of the concept
of random source port allocation, and was insistent that a 1:1
mapping between source and destination port was perfectly normal.
The mind boggles. How he ever expected to make more than one
concurrent connection between any two boxes is beyond me. He no
longer works for the company... :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk