[Gllug] We can put an end to Word attachments

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 14:29:42 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:02:29PM -0000, jim at lateral.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree with everything you say and Mr Stallmans esssay but it is extremely
> difficult to put into practice.  I have within the last half hour send a CV
> in to an agency who insisted that the CV be sent in word format only and
> this was for a Unix/Open Source position, I wrote it in Open Office.

Simple. Don't.

Either send as pdf or fax it to them. They want the business, they will have to accept it.

I quite agree with Stallman. I have used the same approach for several years, it is rare
for someone to really refuse to accept something else. Just say that you cannot generate M$ Word format.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk