[Gllug] Geforce2

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Jan 25 15:32:49 UTC 2002

William Palfreman(william at palfreman.com)@Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 09:18:52PM -0600:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Roger Wernersson wrote:
>
> > Ok, so the assumption that they are all alike is wrong? Good! We got
> > that settled.
> >
> > Now, good and bad, that's just priorities.
>
> Amoral twaddle.  Good and bad is the basis of all morality.  Priorities
> are what you have at road junctions.
>
> > Some think that money is more important than people, others doesn't.
>
> Amoral communist twaddle.  Money is a unit of exchange _betweeen people_.
> It is of and from people.  It's two sides of the same human coin... and
> you can't be against one without being against the other.

err, are you saying, you cant be against money, without being also
against people?  errr, i know a few anti-cap people who'd probably be
able to argue the point a lot better.

atually, i dont think it's money thats the problem.  it's more inflation
and credit that cause problems.  how is it possible that money can be
invented out of thin air, by a bunch of mathmaticians?

hmm, funnily enough, is'nt it islam that prohibits making money off
money borrowed?

> > /Roger, don't trust the money
>
> Hmm. There is something about those 120 million people killed by communist
> regimes in the 20th century that makes me slightly sceptical about people
> who ask me not to trust the money.  Why should I trust the whip instead?

hmm, i'm no expert on communism.  but, Marx and Engle who wrote the
communist manifesto never actually got it into use.  sure they wrote the
book, but in the real world, each attempt at putting it into practise
has faild along the way.

there have never been any communist regimes as defined by the communist
manifesto.  even the SWP will tell you that.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Giving everyone and equal opportunity, when they're clearly not equal,
 is called what children?
 Communism!
 -- Edna Krabappel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk