[Gllug] This is terrible

Simon Wilcox simonw at simonwilcox.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 11:50:54 UTC 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Vincent AE Scott wrote:

> Axel Segebrecht(axel.segebrecht at adamandeve.it)@Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 11:50:40PM -0000:
> >
> > My suggestion is to move subjects when they arise and everyone keeps
> > an eye out for themselves (ie: suggest a different forum)
>

> yeah, but then the thread looses momentum, and the audience changes.
>
> then, again, have you ever read london.pm?  you'd be hard pushed to find
> a thread about perl.

Why, thank you :-)

As one of the london perl mongers who also subscribes here I agree with
the general comments about the sociability of this list. Open Source
particularly thrives on the community that surrounds and supports it. We
are all individuals [1] and are free to express our opinions. I only get
upset when people resort to name calling when their logic runs out.

So discuss away, personally I haven't read all the thread yet, I'm saving
it for a long train journey.

Simon.

[1] Insert Monty Python retort here :-)

--
"Unix is like a Vorlon - strange, powerful, terse, cryptic, and there's a
lot of stuff going on the the background you don't understand." - Jerakeen

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk