[Gllug] Geforce2

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Wed Jan 23 09:56:31 UTC 2002

Sorry Stephen

I tried it last night and lo and behold, no Joy. It produced the
/root/XF86Config.new file that I tried but it kept throwing a wobbly. I did
notice however that if I run the command over ssh and then switched desktops
that the grey screen would be there complete with mouse pointer but when I
run it on host machine it caused a fault. Intention now are to find a good
tutorial on X-4 and start reading about all the options. I imagine the
config file just needs a little tweaking to get it running.

I will buy you the pint anyway so next time you see me walk up say "my name
is Stephen now you gonna die" (Jonny Cash). Due to the lengths that some of
the more unscrupulous characters will go to on this list for a drink I will
require a passport or drivers licence as proof of ID. This should deter 100
Stephen Harkers asking me for a drink next time I am at Lonix.

Harry
Getting the HOWTO would have been smart but how many of you buy a new gadget
then read the manual before turning it on, eh.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk