[Gllug] Belkin

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Thu Jan 24 21:51:13 UTC 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Jackson, Harry wrote:

> Belkin sent me the new PS2 cable with pin 6 missing and they are a complete
> waste of a long thin gap in my living room. I sometimes get a reply saying
> "too many nacks" I assume this means no ack from keyboard. So there
> temporary fix of cables is bollocks. I intend to phone them today and try
> for a replacement. I "_cannot be arsed_" constantly switching between
> desktops to get the keyboard running. For the purists I done most of my
> stuff last night by via ssh.

I've got a second monitor & keyboard now so I just use that at home.  I
find that between xdm ans ssh I never have a need to actually have a PC
keyboard and VGA monitor attached to more than one machine after the
inital setup.  The only exception I make to this is on firewalls, where I
do run a serial getty to allow me to fiddle around with firewall rules in
safety.  As for KVMs though, I never touch them now.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk