[Gllug] I've seen it all now!

Brenden J. Bourke brenden at bourke55.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 11:47:12 UTC 2002

simon wrote:

> Accenture (Andersens) have come up with silent commerce !!! an example
> of this is a barbie doll you buy your child and it (the doll) goes off
> and shops on the internet wirelessly using an allowance you set up for
> the toy.
>

> If you don't believe me go to
>
> http://www.accenture.com/xd/xd.asp?it=enWeb&xd=services\technology\tech_autopurchase.xml
> <http://www.accenture.com/xd/xd.asp?it=enWeb&xd=services%5Ctechnology%5Ctech_autopurchase.xml>
>

> The world has finally gone mad
>

> Simon
>

> : )

Superb!

I think I'll wait  until the fridge version appears so it can
'accessorise' beer and Tesco's  pork scratchings hmm....

Seriously though do you think this could evolve into some form of
utopian automatism? To be totally reliant on machines even to to do the
most basic things. I think society would stagnate, no innovation maybe
even loose the desire for knowledge, anyway I'm rambling and its not
even lunchtime yet...

--
Brenden J. Bourke

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-
Calvin & Hobbes
It's a Magical World

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk