[Gllug] Belkin

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Jan 14 13:03:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 11:44, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> I have a Belkin 4 Port Cube KVM and have trouble when switching from machine
> to machine. It sometimes seems to drop the keyboard or mouse and it is
> driving me up the wall.

If you're talking about KVMs with simple click-knobs on the front, then
you're doing something they're not designed for. These models can't
hot-switch effectively (they don't have any electronics in side);
they're only designed for cold switching.

You can modify the keyboard clock line to add the necessary electronics,
I'll see if I can find the circuit diagram...

Cheers,

Alex.