[Gllug] Laptop woes....

Tim Gray timgray at numasters.com
Wed Jan 16 12:16:15 UTC 2002

Bruce said.....

>Have you looked at the Linux Laptops site? http://www.linux-laptop.net/
>They have a bunch of pages on Vaios.

Yup, check there before I sent the message to the list ;)

>If this is a Red Hat system, what happens if you start X from runlevel 3?
 >If it's X related then it may well be an X server problem and not VM at all.

I've tried boot to X and text login, but same thing happens.

I just re-booted and manually telinited to run level 5,  it and its the
kswap/swapper (pid 0 !) daemon oppses after the boot demon updates /etc/fstab.
It states... "unable to handle kernel page request......."

Tim