[Gllug] SCSI Hard Drives

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Jan 22 16:21:15 UTC 2002

>Just out of interest, do the normal 68 pin SCSI cards cater for this draw on
>power if you are using SCA devices. If your card takes 15 devices then this
>is quite a lot of juice to be drawing through a motherboard and card.

True, but relistically, you're unlikely to be using 15 SCA devices
unless you have a suitable enclosure designed to take them. I'm
currently running two SCA drives on a Kewell KW-930W controller
using appropriate converters. I haven't encountered any problems
at all so far. There are also two other non-SCA devices on the
chain -- a CD writer, and a scanner.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk