[Gllug] SCSI Hard Drives

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Tue Jan 22 16:09:14 UTC 2002

Just out of interest, do the normal 68 pin SCSI cards cater for this draw on
power if you are using SCA devices. If your card takes 15 devices then this
is quite a lot of juice to be drawing through a motherboard and card. Just
checked the specs and the latency is the same. I would have thought there
would be some performance gains with multiple heads but obviously not all
the time.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk