[Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Thu Jan 24 17:30:55 UTC 2002

Lets not stray away from the fact that laws have to change and this was my
point, these changes in law will be executed by the most suitable method in
times of great need and these do not always wait on "legal process". Who is
to say that in all circumstances the GC is correct and that in 1949 and
later in 1977 the people where correct in what they wrote. Its been 24 years
since the last major change and maybe it needs to change again. These things
need to be as fluid as society in order not to become outdated and
antiquated. When atrocities are taking place we do not have time to chew the
cud its action that's required not fancy words and high ideals. In times of
peace we can talk as much as we want and play at high and mighty but it does
not stop it happening again.

> President Bush has stated (and according to polls most
> Americans agree with him) that the US was attacked by
> people who envy US freedoms and ideals (as enshrined
> in their constitution). Reducing those freedoms an
> betraying those ideals as part of the response to the attack
> is irony beyond satire.

I will state again that I will wait for the views of the red cross before
condemning Americas treatment of these men. Those pictures where taken as
these men arrived. If they are being subjugated to torture for no other
reason than they can torture them then I would support any protest against
it.

When a nuclear device is detonated in a large city as it could be given time
and a few million people loose their lives I wonder what the idealists will
say. There are thousands of people prepared to commit suicide for their
beliefs in the world today and I do not think that they are at all bothered
about how they do it. Do we wait for that kind of atrocity or take action
now. People used to think that Sep 11 was a pipe dream for authors of books
to write about. Any atrocity that you can imagine can be multiplied by
infinity and I guarantee that there is someone out there who would be
prepared to carry it out given the means. The bitter realisation is that
this is what we are facing its no longer the drunken bum in a pub mouthing
off, if these people had a switch that would snuff the life from every
living capitalist (lets say three billion) they would flick the switch.

Harry.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.