[Gllug] DivX avi playback

Rodger Etz-Brown reb at b4mad.net
Tue Jan 22 00:37:08 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:02:34AM +0000, Tom Gilbert wrote:
> * Jonathan Harker (jon at jonathanharker.co.uk) wrote:

> Go install avifile: http://avifile.sourceforge.net/
>
> It comes with the windows avi codecs and cunningly wraps them to work in
> linux. I watch a lot of divx movies that way with no problems.
> Player-wise, it comes with aviplay, which is cool, or there's mplayer,
> which is cooler. It's fast and does a decent fullscreen.

And when you find something you cannot play with it then go and look at
mplayer

http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/homepage/

Personally I haven't seen anything mplayer couldn't cope with, incl.
VCDs und other new fancy styff.

If you are into GUIs also have a look at xine. It might come with your
Red Hat / SuSE / Mandrake or whatever distro you run.

Laters,
REB

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk