[Gllug] Thinkpad harddisk wanted.

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 08:51:47 UTC 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Ian Northeast uttered the following:
> Indeed, no problems with outgoing mail but I am receiving my mail from
> Demon's wonderful punts. So anything posted by anyone else crosses the
> Andes by llama train before I receive it.

Demon are receiving an astounding amount of spam at the moment (some
people are bouncing tens to hundreds of thousands of spams a day); there
is supposition on demon.service that the few spammers sending this flood
are doing it to `force Demon to dispense with the services of Andrew
Gierth' (because he's an antispammer so the spammers don't like him, and
DoS attacks are the only recourse they comprehend).

This is slowing down the punts quite a lot.

--- but they still seem to be working, nothing lost as far as I can
see. They're just working burstily.

--
`Perhaps you should have asked Santa for your program as a Christmas
present.' --- Terran Melconian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk