[Gllug] Thinkpad harddisk wanted.

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 19:06:12 UTC 2002

Gordon Joly wrote:

> >Tips for anyone new to taking a PC apart.
> >
> >Wear kevlar gloves.
> >Move the swear box to another room.
> >Replace 60Watt bulbs with 40000 lighthouse standards.
> >Do not under any circumstances RTFM.
> >
> >Harry
>
> I thought that was the Mac instructions?

They seem to have taken this approach with Darwin (the cooking version
of Mac-OSX which runs on x86). Half of the man pages are missing and
documentation is almost non existent. I'm trying to add a user; it says
"use standard Unix commands". It also says that the reference platform
is FreeBSD. There's no adduser command. There's vipw (no man page), but
making an entry with that appears to have no effect.

There are a few Mac users here I think. Anyone know a way to add a user
from the command line in Mac-OSX? It might be the same.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk