[Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Jan 24 14:47:54 UTC 2002

Original Message dated 1/24/02, 2:14:01 PM
Author: "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com>
Re: RE: [Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2):

would we be.
You didn't say anything about creating new law - for which there is a
legal process - but about breaking existing ones to suit circumstances.
Besides, a new law in favour of selective torture would (in both the US
and Europe) be in breach of the constitutional conventions on which law
is based.  Since the idea of a constitution is that it represents certain
basics that no law should break, that's a bit of an obstacle.

President Bush has stated (and according to polls most Americans agree
with him) that the US was attacked by people who envy US freedoms and
ideals (as enshrined in their constitution).  Reducing those freedoms and
betraying those ideals as part of the response to the attack is irony
beyond satire.
--

Bruce