[Gllug] ADSL modeom/router/splitter recommendations

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Mon Jan 14 12:41:52 UTC 2002

will(will at hellacool.co.uk)@Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 12:24:49PM +0000:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone got any recommendations for these?  I am thinking about getting
> wires only ADSL (plusnet do a month minimum contract) and I need the
> hardware.

well the modem option is way cheaper than the router, but i'm not sure
if it works under linux or not.  50 odd quid for the PCI modem:
 http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-info3-info.asp?&m=y&quicklinx=14XK

but you'll need a micro filter, not sure why, but
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ recommends you get two of them

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Giving everyone and equal opportunity, when they're clearly not equal, is called what children?
 Communism!  - From the Simpsons

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk