[Gllug] Geforce2

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy ddrm at digital-science.net
Wed Jan 23 21:51:19 UTC 2002

> mmm, i have heard the radeon's are supposed to be pretty impressive.

I've got a 64meg 7200 - it's nice nice - although I am yet to push it
even close to max on 3d. I do overdrive it on 2d, and that was the
reason I actualy bought it - 2048 x 1536 @ 32bit is a nice desktop,
thankyouverymuch :)

> Matrox, ATI and nVidia.  Thats your choices.  Unless your not being
> serious, and 15 quid is all you want to spend on a card.

I was doing that recently, building servers - and strangely enough the
cards that were ?15 (cheapest in my local store) were NV6's - and as I
only needed them for /dev/fb access - the fact that they are supported
in the kernel was ideal for me - don't have to put up with the "cons" of
vesaFB.

I guess that was a Linux political screwup on my part. I will know for
next time :)

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk