[Gllug] SCSI Cards.

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jan 9 14:44:09 UTC 2002

On 1/9/02, 2:24:13 PM, tet at accucard.com wrote regarding Re: [Gllug] SCSI
Cards. :

> As for the others, I'd wholeheartedly recommend Advansys cards. Superb
> Linux support, great performance, and utterly reliable. I've also had
> success with Kewell cards (which use an Initio chipset).

See, Harry?  It's not just me and Christian playing a joke on you.  And
there's the bonus that there's only one advansys scsi module for all
their cards (unlike certain other manufactures beginning with adapt and
ending in ec), making life a little simpler.

> PS. Oh yes... be prepared to be labelled a SCSI bigot by people who
>     don't believe it's any better than IDE. Serial ATA may remedy
>     many of IDE's shortcomings, but it's not here yet. SCSI is, and
>     is stable and mature.

And setting up SCSI devices is so much easier because the hardware is far
more intelligent.  So there's only one scsi tape module, one scsi hard
disk module etc. because the scsi hardware reports its capabilities in a
standard fashion.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk