[Gllug] Mandrakes mad penguin

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 08:33:42 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 20:48, Stephen Harker wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 January 2002 17:53, you wrote:
> > On 1/29/02, 5:41:43 PM, Stephen Harker <steve at pauken.co.uk> wrote
> > regardingd> >
> > The downside of never normally rebooting a box means that you
> > forget what it involves;)
>
> Power cuts, new kernels, new hardware, moving house, moving rooms,
> playing Half-Life in Windows (yeah yeah I know), trying other
> Os's/Distributions, being pissed and pushing the wrong button :-),
> taking it to a mates house for network games, taking it to a gllug
> meet, Kernel-Panics, ummmmm....... Anyone got any more?

My own personal favourites include, athlons overheating, nvidea driver
bugs, Maya, Shake, "but I don't want to sit here, can't you move my
machine to that other office?", acts of god, "power cable, what power
cable? Oh, that power cable". Ranting this early in the morning is bad
for my blood pressure.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk