[Gllug] Mandrakes mad penguin

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy ddrm at digital-science.net
Wed Jan 30 07:38:03 UTC 2002

Stephen Harker said:

> Power cuts, new kernels, new hardware, moving house, moving rooms,
> playing Half-Life in Windows (yeah yeah I know), trying other
> Os's/Distributions, being pissed and pushing the wrong button :-),
> taking it to a mates house for network games, taking it to a gllug
> meet, Kernel-Panics, ummmmm....... Anyone got any more?

Upgrading your home-grown BIOS stub that does nothign more than init
hardware and evec your LILO :)
Plugging in a PS2 keyboard and watching the AGP port blow. (That was a
bad week for geeking alround)
Dealing with shitty soundcards and even shittyer kernel bugs that mean
they just play static after around a couple of hundred hours of
playlife - the modul that MP3 jukebox got a new soundcard pronto :)
Remembering to enable SCSI emulation for your CD-RW :)

Did I miss any?

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk