[Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Jan 24 18:03:04 UTC 2002

On , 24 Jan 2002, John Hearns wrote:
>On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 17:41, David Damerell wrote:
>>Two nuclear devices _have_ been detonated in large cities, with a total
>>death toll of 110,000 at the time, rising to 340,000 five years
>>later. Presumably you think any means would justify the end of
>>overthrowing the nation responsible?
>As someone said earlier, it is all well and good for
>us to apply 20/20 hindsight.

I'm not saying there weren't arguments for dropping the Bomb on the
Japanese; but Harry's position that we should kill as many people as
necessary to stop major cities being nuked logically implies that all
Japanese WW2 atrocities were justified, since they might have saved
Hiroshima and Nagasaki...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk