[Gllug] Debian gateways

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Thu Jan 31 11:34:44 UTC 2002

I consider myself very much a baby geek with Linux but I have learnt more in
the last couple of weeks using Debian from the console than I ever have with
redhat or the other distributions that I have tried. I think that this is
partly to do with the fact that I am running it purely console based and the
application management is unparalleled in its simplicity. I seem to be able
to get on with the innards of Linux when not confounded by the GUI and
wondering if I have the correct stuff installed.

I was always scared to move to Debian because I imagined it was a b at st@rd to
use but have now realised that it would have been much to my advantage if I
had tried it when I started out.

For anyone in two minds about trying it, give it a go and after you have got
to grips with apt and dselect then I think most people would love it.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk