[Gllug] OT - NTL issues and ADSL providers

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu Jan 17 14:05:58 UTC 2002

Chris Bell(chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk)@Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:22:02AM +0100:
>    Last week I was informed unofficially by a BT engineer that a new deal
> was to be launched on Tuesday 15.1.02. Arrange the connection with your ISP,
> buy your own ADSL kit with a pair of ADSL filters and fit it yourself, BT
> charge a small amount (I think it might be 50.00) for setting up their end
> of the link but do not attend to your end, then it's 25.00 per month charge
> for the service. I don't have any other information about contention levels,
> etc.

it's the wires only service.  it's been mentioned on
www.adslguide.org.uk for a while now.  and it's more than 25 nicker a
month, more like 30 -35 depending on how long you have a contract for.
it is now possible to get ADSL on a one month contract!  so if you
provider sucks you can change over.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 C:\> File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk