[Gllug] SuSE on OS/390

Rodger Etz-Brown reb at b4mad.net
Tue Jan 22 19:12:47 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:27:29AM -0000, robin.c.smith at bt.com wrote:
> The mainframe people have loaded SuSE 7.0 on the mainframe box and Oracle
> doesn't work against this version.
>
> Can you upgrade SuSE from the internet like I can with Debian?
> If not what is the best way to upgrade?

As it seems you are doing this for BT I guess you should just call SuSE
and get a consultant in to set it up properly. You boys got the money
and it will save you loads of hassle.

Laters,
REB

P.S.: No, I don't like SuSE. From a technical point of view it is not as
suitable as other distros for professional environments but cool for the
home user. And I also cannot understand what they are doing with yast.
New version sucks on non X machines and it still is proprietary. Besides
this it just doesn't work properly. Anyways ...... guess I am just a bit
argumentative at the mo :)

But then I know from my flatmate who works for them in
Germany as a consultant / engineer that they do have a lot of expertise
on S/390.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk