[Gllug] Geforce2

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Tue Jan 22 11:50:02 UTC 2002

Hi all

I have a Geforce2 32Mb nvidia MX (I hope all that makes sense to you) from
Jetaway. I have had tried to configure X for this driver and as usual have
fallen over. I use xf86config and there are only two drivers for the Geforce
nvidia

Generic 256
Generic DDR

This is for a Debian Potato Install so is it because I have got an old
version of X or something else. I intend to install woody anyway, would this
solve my problems.

Please do not read if you take this stuff tooooooo seriously.
<severe_rant>
Is it just me or is X the biggest pain in the arse of all the stuff to get
running on a linux box. I have had no end of installs that all go great
except when it comes to getting the GUI running. Is there some voodoo magic
that can be applied to get the damned thing running or are we doomed to
trial and error fault finding every time we install. Forgive a lesser mortal
for running off at the mouth about this but I would have thought that over
the last 18 months these things would be getting easier. Is this a potato
induced rant (read into that what you may). I have even tried to get it
running on a generic card but I end up with a font that would not look out
of place on a hill in Los Angeles. Do not come back and say something about
how easy it is to get working or the next time I see you I will shove said
video cards so far up your arse that you will be shittin VHS and talking
white noise for months.
</severe_rant>

Angrily Yours
Harry Jackson.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk