[Gllug] LateX/EPS/PS experts?

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Jan 15 15:13:48 UTC 2002

>I wrote my thesis in TeX a long time ago,
>actually using a macro package called TEXSIS

I typeset my girlfriend's thesis in LaTeX years ago, but unlike you,
I didn't take the easy way out -- I wrote my own macros (although
the University helpfully supplied some that were suitable for their
submissions format, they weren't quite right for what we needed).

>To get the figure sized correctly you can
>play around with the BoundingBox

Not a good idea. Change the scaling when you import the EPS than
messing with the bounding box. When using groff, use arguments to
PSPIC -- since I haven't included EPS in a LaTeX document since that
thesis, I can't remember how you do it, but the basic idea's the same.
Otherwise, you run the risk of overlaying your EPS with the text of
your document. The bounding box is only a hint to applications that
are embedding the document. Nothing stops the PostScript RIP from
rendering outside that box. Change the box, and you break all the
assumptions that the embedding application uses.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk