[Gllug] LateX/EPS/PS experts?

Simon A. Boggis simon at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 14:59:20 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 14:37, Dan Kolb wrote:
> If you're running Windows, have a look at Paintshop Pro - that seems (at
> least it used) to support almost every graphics format out there. If you copy
> the gif/jpg files to a Linux system, look at the 'gif2epsn'. For jpegs, it
> seems to be a bit more difficult - there only seems to be a 'jpegtopnm'
> utility, so then you have to convert from pnm to (e)ps. Alternatively, if you
> load the file into the Gimp, you should be able to export it or save it as an
> EPS.

If you get imagemagick it comes with two useful utilities called
"mogrify" and "convert", which can do the transformation needed in one
step (or indeed the reverse one), as well as downsampling, rotation,
resizing whatever, e.g.:
  convert foo.gif foo.eps
for a simple conversion.

You can also get imagemagick binaries for windows (I had reason to check
recently), if you so desire.

Simon

Simon A. Boggis 					Systems Programmer
Department of Computer Science,
Queen Mary, University of London, London E1 4NS UK.     Tel. 020 7882
7522

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk