[Gllug] ICQ on linux

Stan stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 18:13:09 UTC 2002

Long time listener first time caller (or some such nonsense)

I am running a debian(woody) box (with a fixed real world IP address)
and would like run an icq client.  I was until sometime ago using zicq
(later krolden) and micq

Several months back I started suffering from lots of lost messages (I
was sending them and they never reached their destination).  Currently
on micq the first message seems to go through ok but none of the
subsequent ones do.

A hunt on google shows lots of people have encountered this problem
(but nobody seems to report how to get round it).

Anyone here able to help?  Possibley by recommending a good commandline
jabber client which will let me send/recieve ICQ messages.

Thanks
Stan

FWIW my .micqrc says:
Server icq1.mirabilis.com
Port 4000

# Support for SOCKS5 server
s5_use 0
s5_host 0
s5_port 0
# If you need authentification, put 1 for s5_auth and fill your name/password
s5_auth 0
s5_name
s5_pass

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk