[Gllug] ICQ on linux

Andrew andrew at tonyaki.sytes.net
Sat Jan 5 01:41:17 UTC 2002

Stan wrote:

>Long time listener first time caller (or some such nonsense)
>
>I am running a debian(woody) box (with a fixed real world IP address)
>and would like run an icq client.  I was until sometime ago using zicq
>(later krolden) and micq
>
>Several months back I started suffering from lots of lost messages (I
>was sending them and they never reached their destination).  Currently
>on micq the first message seems to go through ok but none of the
>subsequent ones do.

I have same problems on centericq for month ago as Mirabilis servers
have problems with
v7 protocol, all the Linux ICQ clients work very unstable nowdays.Some
messages never
arrive, or delivered an incredible amount of times, search eventually
appears not to work, etc.
But those problem already solved on centericq 4.5.0, you can give a try.

Centericq - Console ncurses based ICQ2000, Yahoo and MSN client
http://konst.org.ua/centericq/

Good luck!

Andrew Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk