[Gllug] routing broadcast traffic

Ian Norton bredroll at atari.org
Tue Jan 29 10:44:42 UTC 2002

Hi folks,

basically, this all stems from me wanting to play halflife and quake3 :-) on
our uni student network there are often 10 Counterstrike servers, i have NAT
and portforwarding set up correctly so my windows box can connect to a server
if i specify it by IP, but.

as i am masqueraded behind my linuxbox firewall i dont see the netgame
broadcast traffic and so dont see any LAN servers, i have to phone up the
windows guy accross the building and ask him what servers are up,

could i route the uni boradcast address traffic to my internal box (eugh!)
would i route it to my windows boxs' ip or to its broadcast?

any ideas?

bredroll

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk