[Gllug] Intense Coding and Games LAN

Ian Norton bredroll at atari.org
Fri Jan 25 01:42:52 UTC 2002

Hiya

me again, the darksiders and i are planning an event for late summer an/or
early-mid december. the basic ideas are as below,

summer event (plan 1) - 3 day event
location: the bunker from g2000 (g2k)
nice warm outside camping and bbq etc,
at least a 60 node network, all sorts of nice
geekyness and a divx cinema

summer event (plan 2) - 3-4 day event
location: university of essex campus
everyone will have thier own room and each room has
access to the internet with average speeds of 700k/sec,
geekyness, divx, halflife but the main idea of this event is to
make full use of the opensource coding method and development model,
(suitable projects open for debate)

winter event - 2-3 days
location: the bunker (as above)
same kind of idea, but as its cold we an stay inside, food included etc,
games (cs, q3 etc) probably beowulf project for all to join into,

thats most of it, i am mainly pitching the summer plan 2 here, but the others
are fun, if you want to provisionally put your name down or  have some ideas or
can provide us with network kit (switches and cables) then reply to me off
list, bredroll at atari.org

thanks folks
bredroll

--