[Gllug] TV-Out under Linux

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Jan 18 02:08:35 UTC 2002

On Fri 18 Jan, Dan Kolb made the following spurious claims:

> Okay. I'll post the part numbers after the weekend (when I get back from
> home). If anyone decides to get it, then please let me know how you got along
> with it.

Would also be interested in seeing the quality.

> [ My Voodoo3 card has got TV out, but no-one's been able to give me working
> modelines (I posted about this quite a few weeks back) - the closest I got
> was 640x480 in NTSC mode, but then the TV went into monochrome mode, which
> wasn't very helpful. ]

You could try the ones on this site:
http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html

This may end up being the avenue I take, though my video only takes
composite not SCART.  I'm also not very good with a soldering iron:
more like someone holding a hot brick.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

No, Democracy is not identical with majority rule. Democracy
is a State which recognizes the subjection of the minority
to the majority, that is, an organization for the systematic
use of force by one class against the other, by one part of
the population against another.

- Lenin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk